Tuesday 20 January 2009

Pushing the inside of the Envelope!

Had an early start at work yesterday, which meant an earlier finish, so I thought I'd try a longer walk to push things on a bit. Bev works in Tewkesbury so I thought "Why not walk to Tewkesbury, and get a lift home?" Something about a linear walk rather than a circular one that helps with the motivation.

Anyway, worked the route distances out on WalkJogRun, it's about 11.5 miles, and also I noted where the mile points fell so that I could get an idea of my pace.

Set off just after 1pm from Cheltenham and kept up a comfortable pace, and once the old legs loosened up felt really comfortable. Covered the first 4 miles in 55 minutes which surprised me as I didn't feel that I was really pushing on that hard. The last couple of miles started to feel a bit more of a strain but I did the whole lot in 2 hours 45 minutes, which I was quite pleased with. Thanks go to Bridgedale Trekker Endurance socks, Scarpa boots and Misc "Protein" bars (from Millets!). No blisters, just slightly achey legs!

We're planning to do a Spa2Summit team training walk in about 4 weeks (probably the first 20 miles of our June route), and I now a bit happier about my progress. Another couple of longer walks and 20 miles, No Problem! 70 miles, some problems...

Keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment