Monday 23 February 2009

Fantastic Day!

Well Saturday was a great day. Because of my hectic social life :) I didn't have time to do the whole 20 mile walk with the team, so I thought I'd just try the first 10 miles (fitness levels never came into it, *cough cough*). So my car was left at the half way point (a pub - funny how the walk ended at a pub too...) and we started from the center of Cheltenham.

Most of the group wore shorts, a pleasant surprise for the Saturday shoppers I'm sure, and off we went. Great spirit and good opening pace. I quickly establish my position at the back of the group, an important role I would maintain for most of the walk ;)

But I'm pleased to say no blisters, just legs like lead at the end of it; well the end for me, half way point for the team. I'm very proud (lump in throat) that the lads finished it, and in the dark, well done guys. I did a 2 mile walk on the Sunday just to take the lead out of the legs, then an all you can eat Chinese to undo any benefits of the walk ;)

Looking forward to the next one, so I'm now thinking of 'hearty' recipes that I can cook for everyone, as I suspect the next training leg (pun intended) will be a bit further. Time to test my skills in the support vehicle!! Though I may try to stroll a little of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment