Tuesday 10 February 2009

Point us towards the challenge and we shall go!!

Right, many developments occurred over the weekend as we had our first team meeting, down Ken's local (photo below!). We were all there, apart from Simon, who at the time unfortunatley was either busy saving lives or spending time with his new-born (pff! like that's an excuse!.... oh no wait, it is!!). Many S2S things were discussed and I'm sure we'll see the results of the good points shortly.

What I wasn't expecting was to be told that in two weeks time our first practice walk will take place. And people.... it's a biggun! A nice 20 mile stroll (or slip, depending on what the snow is doing) on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure where the route will be exactly, but I'm sure Ken will post shortly and set out the plan. With this in mind then, I should tell you about my current training "regime". As planned, I am regularly walking home from work, usually four nights per week, so along with lunch-time walks, I estimate that it can be up to 5 miles per day. Additionally I am now arriving to work early, so that on every Wednesday Lunch, I have arranged to go for a 3 mile run with my team manager. This sounds like a excellent plan, until I inform you that he is a club runner, and therefore is usually keen to blast out the run at a constant 9mph rate the whole way round! Which is a fair ol' pace!! So there is me, doing my best to keep up.... wondering if it's this hard work doing 3 miles at 9 mph, what will 70 miles at 3 mph be like?!?!

Right must go, and remember, if you can't get to work because of the snow... it is your solemn responsibility to build a snowman for everyone else!! Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment