Wednesday 25 March 2009

I Don't Like Wednesday's!

The Boomtown Rat's kept telling us they weren't fans of Monday, for me Wednesday is more of a problem. But before I fully quantify this statement, I just need to mention....

I LOVE COTSWOLD OUTDOOR - and I'm not ashamed to say so. After hearing the support which been offered to S2S by the Brecon Store, I too wanted to say thank you... cheers, you have no idea how grateful we are!

... but back to my earlier statement, why Wednesday?

I decided to set aside a specific 'physical' day for extra training. Therefore I have plumbed for a day which I should spend simply sitting at a desk at work! I decided a few weeks ago, to increase my mileage on the Wednesday Lunch Run from work, which is now approaching 4 and a half miles, along a surprisingly tough all-terrain route, whilst keeping, so I'm reliably told, at a constant 7mph. You can see the route here, (so if you see some bloke in shorts along the over road on weds, give us a wave!). This is followed by an extended walk home from Gloucester Town centre, which can be up to 5 miles. Therefore after a 10 mile trip fitted in and around a working day, I collapse home feeling both physically and mentally tired.

But lets remember, this is but a drop in the ocean to the exhaustion daily felt by people and families coping with Cancer. This is after all why we're doing this. To enable Macmillan to provide support to those in need. If your reading this entry, please don't forget to donate... or just put it off to do it another time. Go on to our justgiving site... it'll only take a minute!

For now, thanks... I'm off to bed.... and enjoy your Wednesdays!!

2 comments:

  1. I have been hitting the gym and setting the treadmill to 15 degrees (angle, not temperature) just to work the back of my legs. They seemed to the bits that particularly hurt after our twenty miler. 15 degrees is unpleasantly steep, but is becoming easier, gradually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just calculated, via the interweb, that to climb Pen-y-Fan's 886 metres at an angle of 15 degrees, I would cover 3423 metres on the ground. That's my new goal!

    ReplyDelete