Thursday 18 June 2009

Let's sum it all up...!!

Hello everyone!

The time is 9.50pm and I have finished packing and sent all of my clothing and food supplies off to Pete's for the night. I am just turning in and going to bed, and yet we are still receiving donations and messages of support... all I can say is thanks!

So, tomorrow, bright and early, nine months of planning, preparation and extensive conversations kick in and we finally get to walk it! May I just say that it's not a moment too soon... if I have to think or talk about doing this anymore, I may well burst!! But like Pete and the other's I'm sure, it is all malined with a hefty dollop of trepidation. This is beyond anything I've ever done physically, but I can only hope for the absence of any notable weather, and no blisters!!

Last point before I swing off to bed. If you send messages of support to any of the five of us walking the event tomorrow, you may well not receive any reply. Please do not take any offence!! We may be just focused on getting to the next checkpoint or simply trying hard to put one foot in front of the other. All messages are really appreciated, we just may not be in a position to reply... or you can send it to Jonty!

Goodnight all! Lets see what tomorrow brings... "Gulp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment